Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Direction Gaisano Mall

Few days ago, I decided to make a little walk in the direction of Gaisano Mall - or more commonly called G-Mall by the local people.
Il y a quelques jours, j'ai décidé de me faire une petite marche en direction du Gaisano Mall - ou plus communément dénommé G-Mall par les locaux.

Departing from the place I reside - New Matina - I walked along the E. Quirino Avenue toward the Mall, for one to go to National Book Store to buy one or two things, and for another part to go to EuroCafe (EuroBaker) to drink my usual caffe latte (for us in Belgium it's the another name for Lait Russe "Russian Milk")
Partant du lieu où je réside - New Matina - j'ai longé l'Avenue E. Quirino jusqu'au Mall, d'une part pour me rendre au National Book Store pour faire un ou deux achats, et d'autre part pour me rendre à l'EuroCafe (Eurobaker) pour me boire mon habituel "cafe latte" (pour nous en Belgique c'est l'autre nom du Lait Russe).

I had to do my walk before 12h am, because after that it's really too hot.
Il a fallu que je fasse ma marche avant 12h, car après ça il fait vraiment trop chaud.

Here below some pictures taken along the way.
Ci-dessous quelques photos prises le long du chemin.

Point of departure - The bridge passing above the river in New Matina - this one goes straight to the sea a little bit further.
Point de départ - Le pont passant au-dessus de la rivière à New Matina - celle-ci se dirige directment vers la mer qui se trouve un peu plus loin.




Along the way - Le long du chemin








Interesting to see the incredible difference between hyper-modern building and the normal wood house just side by side. Something particularly strange for someone coming from Brussels like me where, if my memory is correct, wooden house in the city is forbidden (only brick houses are permitted)

Il est intéressant de voir l'incroyable différence entre des bâtiments hyper-modernes et les maisons en bois habituelles l'un à côté de l'autre. Ceci est particulièrement étrange pour quelqu'un comme moi venant de Bruxelles où les maisons en bois sont, si je me souviens bien, interdites (uniquement des maisons en briques sont permises).

 

And we continue our walk along Quirino Avenue
Et on continue notre marche le long de l'Avenue Quirino

Central Bank of the Philippines
La Banque Centrale des Philippines
The Jeepney - One day I will make a post about these way of transport
Le Jeepney - Un jour je ferai un post concernant ce moyen de transport
Not far from my destination a big cross.
Pas loin de mon point d'arrivée, un gros carrefour
 
Where you see the Chinese Door, at the corner to the left, Gaisano Mall - Nearly there after a 30 minutes walk.
Là où vous voyer la Porte Chinoise, au coin à gauche, Gaisano Mall - j'y suis presque après une marche de 30 minutes..


Gaisano Mall - G-Mall




One stop to National Book Store
Un arrêt au National Book Store






See you next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment