Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Back in Business

Hello everyone, it has been a long long time since my last article - nearly 3 years as a matter of fact.
Well, a lot of things to do, and in the meantime i simply forgot my blog :-)
The most important of all being the birth of my little boy in March 2014.

Since last November 2014 I'm officially Permanent Resident in the Philippines.

In those three years I also bought a 1974 German VW Beetle and a 1974 German VW Kombi Bus (a collectible here in the picture).


The idea was to restore it completely. It is in running condition, but being from 1974 it needs some attention. First I'm not found of the color. The painting must be redone, and there is of course some rust here and there.

Restoring it is the main idea... unless we found something else to do with it. :-)

Beside that, we finally completed Phase 1 of the building of our house here in Davao City. Nice lot on the heights of the city where the air is more breathable and cooler.

I found a Belgian native here from Brussels. Was quite surprise since Belgians tend to be a rare species in Davao.

Bit by bit I'm getting use to some of the most annoying side of living here in the Philippines - namely the slow administration. Paperwork takes thousands of years to be completed and push your patience to the limits... for a Westerner.

Let's be fair, the people here do their best, and we can not honestly compare our hyper-computerized culture of the Western World, and the way things goes in the Philippines. The reason is pretty simple - The Philippines are just emerging from years of being considered a third-world country. So it has still a long way to go.

However, this country is developing really fast - there are high and low (normal as far as I'm concerned). A lot of young people with a high education. Here Education is Gold for the people and is respected.

The main thing I'm missing from my country is the chocolate - nothing is better than Belgian Chocolate, especially the white Côte d'Or. But I miss some of the food from Brussels... but you can not have everything. Lol

Ok. I go back to my activities...

Have an excellent day ahead.

Mabuhay

No comments:

Post a Comment