Monday, December 7, 2015

A New Direction For This Blog

OK. It has been a long long long time for me to come back to blogging.

Yet, I must admit, I had a lot of other things to do, and blogging became difficult to manage for a while. This being said, during those months of silence I made a journey of discoveries about Natural Hazards.

The Philippines is a country of many islands - around 7000. However as many as they are, they share the same overall situation : they are on the Pacific Ring of Fire, and, to add to the mix, also in line with Typhoons and other joy Nature can throw at it.

In Davao things are relatively quiet on both of those issues. Very few earth tremors and relatively well protected from the typhoons. At least for the moment. But nothing never last forever in this world.


So, as a Native Belgian not used to typhoons, earthquakes, volcanoes and other things of the kind, I've decided to go into a journey of learning about those things in relation to the city I'm living in now Davao City. With time I had to enlarge my research to the Philippines as a whole, then to the Ring of Fire, and larger and larger.

That journey had one main purpose - to be able to prepare as much as possible for any natural hazards which could potentially happen. The principal concern I had, and still have, is my wife and my little son, and being ready in any possible worst case scenario. So, it was, and still is, a journey of learning worth taking.

Although the education I received had a lot of Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) into it, my background is Graphic Art. So, I have a lot of things to read, some technical concepts to grasp, many hours of "Knowledge Digestion", yet in the end a huge box of ideas helpful to prepare. Theoretical Knowledge, Survival, Farming, Gardening, Self Sustaining, Medical Kit, etc, etc, etc. Whatever I learned does not make me a genius or a Science PhD, but on a practical side what I know could save my live and the one of those I love.

After some thoughts, decision has been make to share it with others as well. After all, how foolish to keep knowledge for yourself if it can help others. So, this blog will take a new direction and present - the simplest way possible - the result of my journey of learning - Things you already probably know, some you don't.

Have a nice day ahead

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Learn More

No comments:

Post a Comment